Recipe for Raisin Pie
1 1/4 cups raisins
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine raisins, nuts, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in raisin mixture. Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30-40 minutes, or until set in center.
- Cool before cutting. Best served cold or at room temperature, topped with gobs of whipped cream.
Thanks to John and Carolyn Hodges for this recipe. The one made by my great-grandmother Mathilde has been lost, but this is close. It certainly is delicious!